The Master about Science in Human Services Card is created to enable students to develop high-level skills pertinent to professional and managerial employment in a variety of individual services agencies, outpatient, and community-based organizations.
The specific student learning objectives for the Master of Science in Human Services are to prepare graduates with the advanced knowledge and skills to:
1. Advocate for clients through knowledge of community resources in the human services network.
2. Analyze major social issues, savoir faire problems, also current socio-political and socio-cultural events which bluff human services.
3. Demonstrate competence in the basic methods/techniques used to evaluate individuals with mental health impairments, developmental disabilities, cognitive impairments, substitute other forms of disability.
4. Implement trivial psycho-social treatment approaches based on key theories and relativity concepts; define achievable goals of counseling.
5. Picket advanced data of warrantable and ethical standards affecting the delivery of anthropoid services.
6. Evaluate behavioral, cognitive, affective, and environmental factors in order to identify and set long-term achievable goals for human service clients.
7. Evaluate cognitive-behavioral, psychodynamic, neuro-psychiatric, further sociocultural aspects of normal further abnormal behavior, theories regarding causation, treatment approaches, moreover supportive models.
Master of Science In Human Services Curriculum
How Long Does the Program Take?
The Master regarding Education in Human Services is a 39 recognition program. Classes take place in the evening et sequens are either in a blended format (one day in class and one time online) or are onground (classes converge in a customary classroom format). Semesters are divided into five 8-week modules (two in the fall, two in the spring, further one in early summer). The Artist of Science in Human Services can be completed in approximately 15-18 months. Please note that graduate students can only seize six credits through 8-week module.
The field of Human Services is broadly defined, uniquely approaching the objective of meeting human needs through an interdisciplinary facts base, focusing on prevention as well quasi remediation of problems, and maintaining a commitment to improving the overall quality of life of service populations. The Human Services profession is one which promotes improved service delivery systems nearby addressing not only the merit of direct services, only also by seeking to improve accessibility, accountability, and coordination among professionals connective agencies in service delivery.
You May Qualify For Financial Aid.