Become a successful Nurse or Pharmaceutical Technician by taking preparatory courses to ensure that you have the credentials to excel in your studies. More complex than courses after high school, college courses in pre health programs can help students transition easily condition advanced fresh programs. Centennial College is rewarding students with an Ontario Parietal Certificate from its Pre-Health (6815) catalogue at the Ashtonbee campus. This connects seamlessly with the college’s Practical Nursing and Pharmacy Technician programs, with some courses available for transfer credits.
Under the School of Advancement, Centennial’s pre-health science program combines biology, chemistry, mathematics, besides computers into a year’s program for high school graduates, new college students, and those who are wishing to pursue a new career in healthcare. It is a good introduction to the foundations that are neededfor students to fully understand advanced concepts and complete mathematical calculations in the field. Here are quantity program expectations:
– Biology concepts will be explored, including different biological mechanisms and their processes
– An understanding of the periodic table including the quantum mechanical display like the atom
– Computer course specifically targeted to healthcare professionals, where students will learn Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to create healthcare analysis, calculations, reports, and presentations
– Introduction to developmental psychology, emphasizing on the biological, psychological and sociocultural aspects of personify development
– Knowledge and understanding of anatomical terminologies and fundamentals of human physiology, in preparation for the anatomy and physiology courses in the Nursing and Pharmaceutical Technician programs
Students need not be alarmed by the large amount of information learned in this program. It covers a wide range concerning subjects, but they are also targeted for a career in the healthcare sector, especially in nursing and pharmaceuticals. It is best to learn the basic principles, before advancing to higher course levels minus the foundations to support your learning. This program is not about memorization, but it is about comprehending the concepts and having the ability to apply them in practical settings.
Program enrolment requirements are outlined below:
– Firstly, students must touch the eligibility requirements, which is to pass supernal school and obtain a secondary diploma or equivalent precedence such as a mature student status.
– Despite this is a conditioning program, students must still obtain certain theoretical requirements to be able to comprehend the college position of learning. Slightest grades in English moreover Math in senior high school years must be achieved.
– Centennial Academe admissions testing in English and Math may still be required.
Centennial College teaches all its students with the knowledge for a career life and how to apply those teachings in work environments. The pre health program follows the Centennial’s way of teaching and brings students into the college-level. Graduates are eligible to enter move forward in their career path as Nursing students and Pharmaceutical Technician Students at the School of Body and Health Studies at Morningside campus.